Cape du Couedic Lighthouse Station - Kangaroo Island

Cape du Couedic Lighthouse Station

Lighthouses of Kangaroo Island

Cape du Couedic Lighthouse Station

Sealink Travel Group

The lighthouse station at Cape du Couedic was established in 1909 and is the fifteenth lighthouse to be built in South Australia coast before the Commonwealth took over the lighthouses. 

Like other Kangaroo Island lighthouses, Cape du Couedic was built from local stones with the cottage homes that were for the operators. 

Cape du Couedic today is currently a museum and the cottages around the lighthouse are hired as accommodation for couples or families visiting. Cape du Couedic is part of the Flinders Chase National Park.

Flinders Chase National Park Visitor Centre is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm every day, except Christmas Day.

For more information on the lighthouse visit the National Parks South Australia website.

Related Posts